IMAP- the easy way to get your emails over another email service – Let’s get straight to work on Gmail IMAP Setting
You can set up your outlook such that you can access your Gmail account with the help of IMAP. With this, you will import messages and manage your email in your Outlook account. Therefore, sending and receiving message happens within one account but with different addresses.
There is just one more thing you need to do before you connect your Gmail too, Enable IMAP on your Gmail account. You also need to set up two-step verification for your Gmail account and a password for the Gmail app. Here, the password is generated on the app will be used instead of the Gmail account password.
Gmail IMAP Setting- How to Set up Gmail in Outlook, 2019, 2016 AND Microsoft 365
To add your Gmail account to Outlook is very simple with the steps below.
- From the top menu, click on the Home tab next to the “File” tab.
- Click On inbox from the left panel of the screen. Click on info afterwards. and select “Add account”
- Type in your Gmail email address and proceed to “Connect.
- Next, enter your Gmail account password into the password box and click on Connect again. Remember to use app password you generated if you make use of two-step verification. Enter it into the password tab.
- When it is done, confirm if it was successful. Now that it is done, you will see your Gmail address under IIMAP. Afterwards, click on “Done”.
How to set up Gmail in out 2013 and 2010
Adding Gmail account to Outlook 2013 and 2010 is very familiar. Thus, there is just a slight difference causes the difference. Here is how to do that.
- Move to File and click on Info.
- Click on Add account.
- Provide your name. The name here is the name others are going see on the messages you send.
- Enter your Email address afterwards and account password. Jump to next button.
How to Add Gmail to Outlook 2007
To set up Gmail account on your Outlook 2007, follow the below:
- Click on “Tools” and head to “Account Settings” from the menu in Outlook.
- Click on the “E-mail” tab, and then select “New”.
- Check the box beside “manually configures server settings or additional server types”, then select next.
- Confirm that Internet E-mail is selected; you should proceed to “Next”.
- Type in your name and email address under the “User Information” tab.
- Click on IMAP under the “Account Type” option.
- Type in Gmail.comas the “Incoming mail server”.
- Type in Gmail.comas the “Outgoing mail server” (SMTP).
- Enter your Gmail address and password under “Login Information”.
- Move to more Settings.
- Click on “Outgoing Server” and confirm that everything is intact. That is under “My outgoing server requires authentication.
- Under Incoming server, quickly click on “Advanced” tab to choose SSL from the drop-down menu.
- Enter 993in the Incoming server (IMAP) box and 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) Click on ok.
- Click on Next and finally, select Finish.