Activate HBO GO on Smart TV: Have you heard of HBO GO? HBO GO is one of the best streaming services that offers its users limitless access to HBO movies, shows, and more. You also get to watch blockbusters films, comedies, and documentaries.
You can download and enjoy a free trial with HBO. But, for you to get the most out of the service, you will need an HBO subscription through an active TV provider. You will be needing the username and password of the TV provider’s account. This will help you complete your HBO GO activation.
The activation process is quite simple but it depends on the device you are using such as Xbox, Roku, and more.
How to activate HBO GO on Smart TV
if you want to activate HBO GO on your smart TV, follow the steps below:
- Open the HBO GO app on your Smart TV
- Click on “Connect your provider account”
- Visit hbogo.com.com/activate on your browser. Or, you can scan the QR code that is on the TV screen with your mobile phone
- But, in case you are using the URL, enter the HBO GO activation code that appears on the TV screen
- If you have the app installed on your mobile phone and you want to use the QR code. Just Log in to the account, once that is done your TV will automatically activate after scanning the code.
In the case of URL, the next thing to do is to choose your TV provider. Then, enter your password and username for your provider’s account.
The steps above will help you activate HBO GO on a Samsung, LG, or any Smart TV. Also, you can make use of it on Vizio and Amazon Fire TV.
How to Activate HBO GO on Roku
If you want to activate HBO GO on your Roku device, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Roku store
- Download and launch the app. Or, you can open the HBO GO channel
- Then, select Activate your device
- Go to hbogo.com/activate on your browser
- Select Roku and click continue
- Select the TV provider that you are using from the list
- Then, you see a screen asking you to enter the provider’s username and password
- Once you have signed in, an activation page will be display
- Enter the activation code that appears on your TV screen
Once you are done, you will get a message that says “Your device has been successfully linked to your hbogo.com account.”
Activate HBO Go on Apple TV
Follow the steps below to activate HBO Go on your Apple TV
- Download and install the HBO GO app on your TV. The latest version of Smart TV has the app preinstalled on it.
- Open the app and select “connect your provider account”
- You will see steps on how to continue
- Use a computer or any device that supports the internet then go to https://activate.hbogo.com/
- Enter the activation code that appears on your TV to activate your account
- Choose a TV provider or your subscription provider details
- Log in to get started
- Otherwise, you can make use of QR Barcode. Once you connect to your provider account, QR Barcode will appear on your TV screen. Scan the code with your phone. You will have to log in to your HBO Go app on the phone before you scan the code. Once this is done, your Apple TV will be activated automatically. If you can’t connect to HBO Go on Apple TV with the barcode continue with the URL method above.
Activate on mobile devices
To activate HBO GO on your mobile devices or computer, use the steps below
- Download and install the HBO GO app on your mobile device or computer
- Open the app and sign in to your account
- Choose your TV provider and sign in to your account
- Use the information on screen to create your HBO GO ID
- After creating the ID, click on save to get started
You can also use the steps above to activate HBO GO on your iPhone. Also, the steps are the same when you want to activate HBO GO on your computer, the only difference is you will complete the process on http://www.hbogo.com/ and sign in to your premium account.
Set up and activate a Device
You can use the steps below to activate HBO GO on any device.
- Open your HBO GO account and log in
- Then. Select the pencil icon
- Click on a tab to add HBO GO to a device
You can only activate three devices. Also, note that you will need a participating TV provider to activate HBO GO. Below is a list of the TV provider
- Time Warner Cable
- Bright House Networks
- Comcast Xfinity and more
To Deactivate the HBO GO
If you don’t want to use HBO GO anymore and wish to stop the service, you can deactivate it.
To Deactivate HBO GO on your Smart TV
- Launch your HBO GO app
- Go to the menu and choose “My HBO”
- Then, click on “Deactivate”
To Deactivate HBO GO on Roku
If you don’t want to use HBO GO on Roku again, follow the steps below to deactivate
- Go to the Roku home menu
- Select My Channels
- Search for HBO GO and go to the settings
- Click on Deactivate
In case you forgot to deactivate HBO GO on your Roku before giving it out, don’t worry! You can also deactivate it from the device that is linked to your HBO GO ID.
Frequently asked questions
Does Roku have HBO now?
The HBO app on Roku and Amazon Fire devices has been updated to the HBO Max app. You can stream all of HBO and so much more on your Roku or Amazon Fire TV devices and tablets using the HBO Max app.
How do I access HBO GO?
Once you have a username and password for your TV provider account, you can sign in to HBO GO. When you’re all set, go to HBOGO.com on your computer, and in the upper-right corner, choose Sign in. Otherwise, open the HBO GO app on your mobile device, and choose Sign In.
How much is HBO now on Roku?
You can subscribe for $14.99 a month either directly from HBO, or through Amazon Prime Video Channels, Apple TV Channels, or Roku Premium Subscriptions.
How do I activate my HBO Go account?
Here’s how to sign in on your phone or tablet:
- Open the HBO Max app and then tap the Profile icon.
- Tap Sign in to your account. …
- Enter your account email and password and then choose Sign in.
- Choose your profile and you’re ready to stream.
- Where do I enter my HBO Go activation code?
HBOGO.com/tvsignin | Sign In. Enter the code that appears on your TV.