Amazon Prime is one of the best popular streaming entertainment services. It offers you amazing Amazon Originals, classic films, popular TV shows, and more.
Also, you get to enjoy dubbed anime, the latest romance, drama, and comedies. But like every other streaming service, there are times Amazon prime experiences certain issues. Some of these issues appear when you stream Amazon prime video on Apple TV, one of the top streaming devices.
There are several issues that affect Apple TV. Keep reading to find out and take note of the necessary steps to take to fix them.
Common Amazon Prime Video issues on Apple TV and their causes
- Amazon Prime Video is not loading on Apple TV –This can occur due to a temporary bug issue with the Prime Video app, connectivity issues, and software error
- Prime Video is down –Prime video may be down as a result of a connectivity issue, server error, corrupted software with a temporary bug problem with Amazon prime app
- No sound playing on Prime Video –This occurs due to problems caused by third-party apps, software, and hardware issue with bug problems with the app
- Constant buffering when streaming –This can be due to a bad WiFi network or slow internet speed. Also, there may be a Streaming problem on Amazon prime video or on the Apple TV side.
How to get Amazon Prime to work on Apple TV?
When Amazon Prime Video is not working on your Apple TV device. Below is the fix:
Ensure you have a strong internet connection
Once you are experiencing this issue, first check your internet connection, and make sure it is strong enough for you to stream effectively without any problem.
In case you don’t know if the problem is a result of internet issues, you can try launching another app such as Netflix to see if it will work.
If it works then your internet is good enough. But, if it did not then know that the issue is with your internet.
Also, if you get an error that appears like this “ Insufficient bandwidth”. You can fix it by:
- Restart your device
- Switch to another streaming devices
- Clear the Amazon video cache
- Restart your router
- Disable your VPN
If you have an unstable connection, reach out to ISP for support.
Update the Amazon Prime Video app and other apps on your TV
You may be having this issue because your prime video app is out of date. To fix it, update your prime video to the latest version. Updating process varies from one device to another.
But follow the steps below to update your Amazon prime video:
- Open the app store on your device
- Search for Amazon prime video app
- You will see “update” Click on it and wait till it finishes
If you are still experiencing the issue, try to uninstall your app and restart your device. Then install the app again. Also, make sure other apps on your device are up-to-date because if they are outdated it can cause incompatibility issues.
Restart Apple TV
This issue may also be due to temporary bug problems or software problems. You can fix it by just restarting your device.
To restart your Apple TV:
- Go to your device Menu and click on settings
- Click on “System”
- Then, select the “Restart” options
Reset Apple TV to original settings
At times, just restarting your device will not fix the issue. You may have to restore it to factory settings to resolve the software problem.
To restore your Apple TV to factory settings, follow the steps below:
- Go to your device’s Menu and click on Settings
- Click on “General” and select the “Reset” options
- Then, click on Restore
Note that this process will remove all the data on your device and will restore it to the Original Settings. Then, install the latest version of Apple TV software.
Restart Prime Video
Besides updating your Apple TV app, you can try restarting it too to fix the problem. This will help resolve any bugs or glitches. To restart the Prime Video app:
- Tap the TV button on the remote twice
- Then, search for the Prime Video app in the menu
- Highlight the app and scroll up to the surface using the remote
- Force stop the app
- Once you’re done with that, then Re-launch the app again
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, you can consider deleting the app and reinstalling it again. Try the steps below to reinstall Amazon Prime Video App:
- Go to your Home screen
- Highlight the Prime Video app
- Press and hold the Clickpad center
- Then, click on the play or pause button and select Delete
- Once you have deleted the app, go to App Playstore and download it again
Amazon prime video not working on Apple TV is not a nice experience. But, I know the above steps were helpful. However, after trying out all the steps and the issue still persists. Contact the Apple support center using this link https://support.apple.com/ or https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201376320
What Happens If Amazon Prime Keeps Buffering on Apple TV?
There are times Amazon Prime keeps buffering on Apple TV when you try to watch movies or TV shows. This may be because your internet connection is not strong enough. To fix this, try the guide below:
You need to first test your internet connection to be sure it’s working well. Try to play a video on Youtube or Netflix with a PC or smartphone and check if it also buffering. If it buffers too, know that the issue is with your internet.
Also, test your internet with the same internet or WiFi connection that your Apple TV is connected to.
To fix it, restart your Apple TV and your internet router.
To restart your Apple TV:
- Go to your Apple TV settings with your Apple TV remote
- Select System
- Then, click on Restart
Likewise, you can unplug your Apple TV from the power source, leave it for a few seconds, and plug it back. See if it will work. You can do the same to your internet router, turn it off by pressing the power button or unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes and turn it on back.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
Why is my Amazon Prime Video app not working?
Go to Home screen, then Settings > Apps and notifications > Prime Video. tap Storage > Clear Data and click OK. Retry the video. If the problem persists, try reinstalling the app.
Why is Amazon Prime suddenly not working on my TV?
Ensure your browser or app is up-to-date.
if you’re trying to stream from your mobile phone or TV, ensure you’re using the latest version of the Prime Video app. You can check for the latest update in the browser setting, or the App Store on your phone, and TV. Install any available updates and restart your device.
How do I reboot Apple TV?
Open Settings. on Apple TV, go to System, and select Restart.
What happens when you reset your Apple TV?
When you reset Apple TV, all data is erased, including your accounts and configuration. You can also reset your Apple TV and update its software at the same time.
How do I restart my Amazon Prime app on my TV?
Do a Hard Reset on Your TV
- Go to the TV’s home screen, click on Settings, and choose ‘Device & Software. ‘
- Some smart TVs have a power mode setting you can select directly from this menu.
- Choose ‘Restart. …
- Let the TV reset, then go to the Prime Video app and see if it improved the results.