What is Vizio Smart TV?
Vizio TV comes with an inbuilt operating system known as Vizio SmartCast. SmartCast is Vizio’s operating system. It gives non-stop access to entertainment and offers a lot of free channels. This free channel includes sports, news, and a lot more.
At times, you are likely to face some errors where the Vizio Smart TV apps are not working. When this occurs, the first thing you will notice is a black screen. But, in other cases, the app’s settings will fail to come up.
But, there are explanations for these errors. They could be a result of the following:
- Poor internet connection
- Outdated Apps
- Incorrect DNS settings
How to fix Vizio smart TV apps not working
First, Identify the reason why your Vizio Smart TV app is not working. This will help you know the steps to take to resolve the issue.
Below are the steps you could take to clear the error depending on the one that is applicable to you.
Check Internet access on the TV
Poor internet connection is a common error associated with this problem. So you have to check your TV’s internet connection to fix the problem.
To check internet connection:
- Click on “Menu” on the remote
- Go to Network selection and press OK
- Then, select Test connection and press OK
Having done that, information about your network connection will appear. Check out Download. The download speed will be in kilobytes if your TV can access the internet. Actually, the download speed should be at least 1000 kbps. Anything below that will lead to an error.
You can make use of your computer through speed test to check the internet speed.
Reset individual app
You can try resetting your app on Vizio Smart TV when it’s not working.
To do this:
- Click on the Menu button on the remote
- Go to settings and select App manager
- Locate the app you want to reset
- Use the right and left arrow buttons on the remote to highlight the app
- Click on the yellow button
- Then, highlight the Delete app using the arrow keys. Go ahead to delete the app
- Reinstall the app and set it up
Update Vizio Smart TV apps
Check if an app is not out of date before you delete it. The Out Of Date app is likely not to work.
Follow these steps to check if your app status
- Select the Menu button on the remote
- Locate the Outdated Application and click on it
- Press the yellow button
- If you see Update, click on it to update.
- But if you do not see an update. Go ahead to delete the app and reinstall it again.
Turn “OFF” and “ON” your devices
Turning off your devices and turning them back on can go a long way to resolving apps not working.
To do this:
- Switch off your Vizio Smart TV
- Turn off all your devices and also your modem
- Then, wait for 15 seconds or more before turning them back on.
- After, go ahead and switch on your Vizio Smart TV
The steps above will rectify any issues you have with apps not working on your Vizio Smart TV.
In addition, the app is seen as a widget on your Vizio Smart TV. You will gain access to the app when you click on the widget. The fun part of this is Vizio Smart TV comes with apps. Vizio SmartCast allows all your favorite apps accessible to you. You can access new apps with just an update.
To get started, you have to connect your TV to the internet.
View and add Vizio’s app
You don’t have to search or download apps again. Vizio SmartCast will make your preferred app available to you.
To get this done, there are steps to follow:
- Press the Menu button to go to the home screen of SmartCast
- Select the App section and locate the option that reveals all the available apps. Go ahead to make your choice. You could also search for a particular app on SmartCast. SmartCast entails lots of app, which Includes Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and more.
- Select the app you want. Then, Automatically you will see where you will log in with your account details. That’s all! The app you selected will show in your Menu.
Vizio does not have the app I want! What should I do?
In case Vizio does not have the app you want. Don’t worry. SmartCast supports Google Chromecast. That’s, if there is any app that supports Chromecast, you can cast it straight up to your Vizio TV without having to get a Chromecast device.
Follow these steps to get it done:
- Your streaming app has to be updated and it has to be Chromecast- enabled.
- Open the app
- Locate and click on the Cast button
- Then wait till your mobile device identifies your Vizio SmartCast TV
- After that, the color of the cast button will change. Showing a successful connection.
- You can start streaming your content on TV