LG Smart TV is a popular TV brand, a subdivision of the South Korean-based LG Corporation. They are well known for their high-quality and long-lasting product. it delivers great picture quality with excellent technology.
On LG Smart TV, you can install a variety of apps that have different functions. You can install an app that streams movies or shows. Also, play music and watch live programs. Applications that you can include Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, and many more.
But, there are times on your LG Smart TV, that you will notice some of the apps are not working. This could be a result of a network issue or a problem with the installation of the apps. Don’t worry! You can fix this issue.
How to fix LG smart TV apps not working issue
When you noticed your LG Smart TV is not working or responding well. Try the steps below to fix it:
#1 LG apps are not working
If your LG apps are not working. Do this:
- Checking network connections: Check if your TV has a good internet connection. This is because the apps on your TV wouldn’t work without a good network. So, ensure you are connected to a strong Wi-Fi or wired connection. But, in the absence of network issues, try to delete and install your app again.
- Checking your region settings: Apart from network issues, LG apps may not work because of the Smart TV’s region settings. You can’t access the app in the wrong location. To fix this, go to Region settings on WebOS and change your location.
#2. I can’t install apps
You might not be an app to install apps on your Smart TV because of network settings. Hence, you must be connected to Wi-Fi or Ethernet before you can install some apps. Also, apps will fail to install because your TV model does not support them.
Have this in mind. You can only install apps on your LG Smart TV from LG Content Store. Hence, if an app is not available in the store. You will not be able to install it.
#3. Unable to run previously installed apps
There are times you wouldn’t be able to access an app you have installed before. The app is out of date. You will need to upgrade it to the latest version. But, in case your app is updated and you still cannot run it. Just delete it and reinstall it.
#4. Fix LG Content Store is not working
You access apps on your LG Smart TV from LG Content Store. But, there are times this store may not work. To fix this issue, follow the steps below:
- Change the DNS on the TV to 220.127.116.11 and connect to the router
- Reboot your TV
To Reboot your TV:
For you to reboot your TV, you have to:
- Unplug your TV from the power source
- Press the power button for about 20 seconds
- Wait for a few minutes before plugging your TV back
- Try to access the LG Content Store again
#5. The apps keep freezing
Your app can freeze when you are in the middle of a movie. This can be frustrating! An example of an app that does this is YouTube. But, you can fix this:
- Update the app: Freezing occurs because the app is out of date. Update the app to it latest version and keep enjoying it.
- Check your firmware: The apps on your Smart TV are installed on top of the firmware. But, you update this app individually. When you have an updated app but do not have the firmware. There will be problems.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app: At times, your app’s cache or files may be corrupted. You will have to delete the app. This will help to remove the corrupted files. Having done that, reset the app on LG Smart TV. Then, reinstall and try again.
In addition, if you have followed all the steps above, and the issue still persists. You might have to carry out a factory reset. This should be your last option because this step will make you lose all your installed apps and saved settings. The TV will return to its factory default settings.
#6. Apps are not available on the LG content store
As stated before, you access the app on LG TV from LG Content Store. In case the app you want is not in the store. It means you want to get the app from a location that is not recognized. You have to adjust your location settings to be able to access it.
Sometimes, you wouldn’t be able to access an app because it is not supported by your LG Smart TV. You will need your TV or its firmware.
On the other hand, if the issue still persists even after carrying out a factory reset on your TV. Contact https://www.lg.com/us/support/telephone for help.
LG SMART REMOTE