Basics for Microsoft 365 sign up
Have you heard about the office 2019 desktop apps? Here, you will get Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as a three-in-one app. In other words, Microsoft 365 is what we are talking about. It is a subscription-based service for Office 2019 desktop apps.
Types of Microsoft 365 Subscription
Cut your coat according to your size. Therefore, you have three levels to choose from. This is to ensure that you will find a level that you can handle. There are as follows:
- Microsoft 365 Family: Just like the name sounds, a family is a group of people related by blood. Of course, they will be more than one. This means that this level of subscription will permit more than one user. In fact, it allows six users to share it. This means that each user can install the Office apps on all their devices, but share common storage space on OneDrive. That is to say, each of them has an equal share on 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
- Microsoft 365Personal: Just like the name sounds, it is designed for one user. This also means that you can install the Office apps on all your devices, with 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
- Office Home & Student 2019: if am to say, from the name this looks like three in one package. But let’s see what it is really. Here means a one-time purchase of Office. It has the full package such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. But, you will only install the Office apps on one PC or Mac, without OneDrive cloud storage space.
How to Install Microsoft 365 on your PC
You must have a Microsoft account to get started. You can sign up for a free account if you don’t have it. Afterward, login to your account and get started for the steps. Furthermore, you will access your OneDrive cloud storage when you sign in, as well as Outlook.com email address.
Phase one: Purchase a Microsoft 365 for Home Subscription
This makes it clear to Microsoft the kind of Office you want because there is a payment list for each of the subscriptions. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Launch your web browser and visit Office.com.
- Now enter your Microsoft account details.
- Afterward, click on the sign-in button.
- When the new page opens, you will see Office Online apps according to the subscription you want to manage.
- Simply locate and click on “Buy Microsoft 365 or Buy Office”.
- Afterward, select the Office subscription you want to pay its annual subscription fee. Next, click on Buy Now. You can also purchase for one month for any of the options you choose. Note that you can run a one month free trial for each of the options before you pay for it.
- Go through the information in the Cart and select Checkout.
- Now choose a payment Type. Select between a credit card or debit card, PayPal, or bank account.
- Next, proved the payment details needed.
- Click on Save.
- Next, click on Place Order.
- You have ordered for Microsoft 364 subscription at this point. Thus, you will receive an email receipt for the transactions.
Phase two: Install for Home
Now that you have gotten a Microsoft 365 subscription, you can now install Office on your PC.
Right on the proposed computer:
- Visit Microsoft 365 home page and sign in your Microsoft account.
- Click on Install Office.
- On the next page, click on Install Office.
- A smaller page will pop out. Otherwise, the download and install office home page pop out. Proceed and click on Install.
- It will take some seconds to get some things ready and then it starts to install the Office Apps.
- When it is done, the Office might request for your email or phone number. There will send you a download link for the Office Mobile apps.
Phase three: Activate Microsoft 365 for Home
You need to activate the Office you installed to confirm the subscription. To do that:
- Launch one of the Office apps. For example MS Word.
- Next, enter your Microsoft email address and password.
- Click on Accept right on the Accept the license agreement page.
- The Office app will open. Now you can create Office documents and spreadsheets.
How to install Microsoft 365 on another Device
According to the type of subscription, you can install your Office subscription on more than one device if you want. To do that, you should get the PC ready for use. Just sign in to your Microsoft account. Next, visit the portal page and click on Install Office.
How to share your Office 365 Home Subscription with others
To share your subscription with your house members is very easy. But, you will be able to share with only five other people. Also, each of you in the subscription has the same share over access to the apps, cloud storage, Skype calls, and outlook email. To share,
- Sign in with the Microsoft 365 account.
- Head straight to the Office portal page, and click on Install Office.
- Next, click on the Sharing
- Click on Start sharing.
- A new window will pop out, select any from the below options.
- Invite via email: to send a link in an email message.
- Invite via the link: to create a link that you can copy and give to the person in an email, or as a text message.
- Anyone who has this link will be able to install and share Office with you.