If you want to learn how to insert a division symbol in Microsoft Word, you are just on the right page. We are going to show you in this article to help you get the answer you need.
On the Microsoft keyboard, there are some symbols that are readily available as second keys. If you press a few keys simultaneously, you can easily insert such symbols into your work.
Some of the symbols, however, are not that easy to type in using a keyboard shortcut. One of such symbols is the ‘Divide By symbol or division sign (÷)’. You will find it difficult to type if you don’t know how to insert some of these symbols regularly into your work.
Thus said, we are here to offer a few steps to guide you do it right.
How to Insert a Division Symbol in Microsoft Word
Insert a Symbol
- Click open the ‘Insert’ button
- Tap on ‘Symbol’
- Choose the ÷ division sign to insert it in your document.
- Repeat the same step for each symbol you need, or paste the first division symbol.
Insert a Division Equation
- Start by creating an equation by clicking on the ‘Equation’ icon on the insert button to begin a new equation.
- Then write the equation. Simply type your equation using the / key for division. Thereafter, type a division equation, and Word will automatically reformat it vertically in the format of a fraction.
- Then add a division symbol. You can do this by clicking on the ÷ division symbol on the ‘Design’ button to insert the symbol in an equation. Division equations written using the symbol instead of a slash do not reformat as fractions.
Now that you know how to insert the division symbol on Microsoft Word, typing should not be a strenuous activity again for you. You can easily use these steps to accomplish it whenever the need arises with ease.