When using the computer most times, we fumble with the keyboard and get physically confused while trying to produce the divide sign. This happens when you don’t know the right keys to strike to get the sign you are looking for. To help you with this, we are going to show you just how you can achieve the divine sign when next you are typing with your computer.
Most people when typing math text on the computer typically use the slash mark. This is the character that shares the key with the question mark, for division. Another division sign is a horizontal slash with a dot above and below the line. Normally, Word processing programs include this division sign in their store of symbols. As such if you are using a keyboard that has a numeric keypad, then it is possible to produce this symbol. You can achieve this symbol just by typing a series of keys. You will find the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard. Note, it is not the numbers along the top of the keyboard.
How to Make a Divide Sign With Your Keyboard
Let’s now begin the process of showing you how to make a divide sign with your keyboard. We will be representing this process with steps:
- Begin the first step by moving the cursor to the area on the page where you want to insert the division sign.
- Next, press the number lock key (‘Num Lock”) to lock the numbers on the numeric keypad. You will find the key in the numeric keypad. A light on the keyboard will indicate that the lock key is on.
- For the next step, press the “Alt” Key, and hold it down.
- Then type the number “0247” while still holding the “Alt” Key.
- Then release the “Alt” Key, and the division sign will pop up.
Making a divide sign with your keyboard is as simple as the steps stated here. Once you are able to follow these steps, you should be able to complete this procedure in no time.