Do you need access to free instant messaging to friends, business partners, colleagues, and family members? AOL Sign-up Email gives you access to a free web-based email service provider owned and created by AOL, a subsidiary of Verizon communication. A visit to www.aol.mail.com gives you access to send and receive the email.
AOL is also a web application, an E-mail, and a webmail platform. With the web application when downloaded to a mobile phone, gives you access to thousands of messages on the go.
About AOL Mail
The age of the internet had started in the US and companies like America Online (AOL) and Delphi started connecting their division e-mail services to the Internet.
As the company grew, after the launch of AOL in the year 1993, here comes another launch – the AOL NetMail. AOL NetMail is a web-based version of the AOL e-mail service. Which was then accessed only on Internet Explorer, however, as time evolved a Java-written version helped accessibility in Netscape Navigator.
The company invested a lot of time, effort, and money in making sure that free mail service is created for public use which gave birth to AOL free webmail service. Though, the drive behind the launch of AOL webmail was to bit their competitors; MSN Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail.
Finally, they launched under AIM Mail, with 2 gigabytes of mail storage and integrated with AOL Instant Messenger (AIM). A tech decision from MailBlocks late acquired by AOL. It wasn’t too long Netscape Mail was migrated to AIM Mail and AOL released the Alto Mail software.
AOL Email Features – www.aol.mail.com
The below features of AOL might give you reasons to consider AOL webmail as one of the best mail service providers.
- Your attachment size is up to 25 MB.
- In your mailbox, you can retain or save up to 1,000 new messages, 4,000 old messages, and 4,000 sent messages per screen name.
- You are allocated up to 250 GB at maximum if all messages have 25 MB attachments.
- Supported protocols: POP3, SMTP, IMAP.
- You can link to other email service providers’ user’s accounts; Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo mail.
- AOL displays Ads on your email account.
- AOL is a spam-free platform (Spam protection).
- You are shielded from every malware (Virus protection).
- AOL Supports SSL/HTTPS after login.
There are still lots of other Features of AOL webmail and when you create an email account with AOL, you will enjoy all the features mentioned above and even more.
AOL Sign up Email – AOL mail Account Registration
AOL email Sign UP on PC
- Visit aol.mail.com.
- Click on the signup button.
- Fill in the registration info.
- Click on create an account.
AOL Email Account Mobile Phone Sign Up – create AOL email account on Mobile Phone
We already mentioned that AOL is a web application, but also has a version that can be accessed through mobile phones; Android, iOS devices, tablets, iPad, and a lot more other devices that run Android and iOS OS. However, to create an AOL email account through a mobile phone, you will need to download the AOL mobile App from your device App store.
AOL Email APP Download Procedures
To download the mobile Application of AOL into both Android and iOS devices. Open the App store of your device;
- Using the search bar.
- Locate the AOL mail App.
- Click on the download button.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- Then sign in using the below instructions.
AOL Login – AOL email App Sign in
The login procedures for AOL email are simple using the AOL mobile Application.
- Launch the App.
- Click on the login button.
- Enter your username.
- Key in your password.
- Hit on the sign-in button.
AOL Online Login – How to login Over the Web | AOL web Application
To do AOL web login, you will need a browser and a PC. Your account access is dependent on if you have a strong network signal in your local area. To avoid any network issues, connect to WIFI.
Don’t forget that the AOL email App download is free and less data-consuming. The AOL email App can be downloaded on Android, iPhone, Tablet, and PC. That simply means you can send and receive emails on the go.