Do you need access to free instant messaging to friends, business partners, colleagues, and family members? AOL Sign up Email gives you access to a free web-based email service provider owned and created by AOL, a subsidiary of Verizon communication. A visit to www.aol.mail.com gives you access to send and receive the email.
AOL is also a web application, an E-mail, and a webmail platform. The web application when downloaded to a mobile phone, gives you access to thousands of messages on the go.
About AOL Mail
The age of the internet had started in the US and companies like America Online (AOL) and Delphi started connecting their division e-mail services to the Internet.
As the company grew, after the launch of AOL in the year 1993, here comes another launch – the AOL NetMail. AOL NetMail is a web-based version of the AOL e-mail service. Which was then accessed only on Internet Explorer, however, as time evolved a Java-written version helped accessibility in Netscape Navigator.
The company invested a lot of time, effort, and money in making sure that free mail service is created for public use which gave birth to AOL’s free webmail service. Though, the drive behind the launch of AOL webmail was to bite their competitors; MSN Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail.
Finally, they launched under AIM Mail, with 2 gigabytes of mail storage and integrated with AOL Instant Messenger (AIM). A tech decision from MailBlocks was late acquired by AOL. It wasn’t too long after Netscape Mail was migrated to AIM Mail and AOL released the Alto Mail software.
AOL Email Features – www.aol.mail.com
The below features of AOL might give you reasons to consider AOL webmail as one of the best mail service providers.
- Your attachment size is up to 25 MB.
- In your mailbox, you can retain or save up to 1,000 new messages, 4,000 old messages, and 4,000 sent messages per screen name.
- You are allocated up to 250 GB at maximum if all messages have 25 MB attachments.
- Supported protocols: POP3, SMTP, IMAP.
- You can link to other email service providers’ user’s accounts; Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo mail.
- AOL displays Ads on your email account.
- AOL is a spam-free platform (Spam protection).
- You are shielded from every malware (Virus protection).
- AOL Supports SSL/HTTPS after login.
There are still lots of other Features of AOL webmail and when you create an email account with AOL, you will enjoy all the features mentioned above and even more.
AOL Sign up Email – AOL mail Account Registration
We will quickly run you through the account sign-up process. AOL account sign-up through your personal computer (PC) is quite easy and simple.
AOL email Sign UP on PC
- Visit aol.mail.com.
- Click on the signup button.
- Fill in the registration info.
- Click on create an account.
AOL Email Account Mobile Phone Sign Up – create AOL email account on Mobile Phone
We already mentioned that AOL is a web application, but also has a version that can be accessed through mobile phones; Android, iOS devices, tablets, iPad, and a lot more other devices that run Android and iOS OS. However, to create an AOL email account through a mobile phone, you will need to download the AOL mobile App from your device’s App store.
AOL Email APP Download Procedures
To download the mobile Application of AOL into both Android and iOS devices. Open the App store of your device;
- Using the search bar.
- Locate the AOL mail App.
- Click on the download button.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- Then sign in using the below instructions.
AOL Login – AOL email App Sign in
The login procedures for AOL email are simple using the AOL mobile Application.
- Launch the App.
- Click on the login button.
- Enter your username.
- Key in your password.
- Hit on the sign-in button.
AOL Online Login – How to login Over the Web | AOL web Application
To do AOL web login, you will need a browser and a PC. Your account access is dependent on if you have a strong network signal in your local area. To avoid any network issues, connect to WIFI.
Don’t forget that the AOL email App download is free and less data-consuming. The AOL email App can be downloaded on Android, iPhone, Tablet, and PC. That simply means you can send and receive emails on the go.
Delete AOL account – Cancel free email address
To cancel your AOL email account is free But are you sure it is the best thing you want to do? Deleting your AOL account is not easy to do except with a guide. Moreover, no company will like to lose its customers likewise AOL.
In that case, you will pass over steps before they confirm you to leave. If you can locate the page to cancel your account, then it means that you really want to do that. The steps to delete an AOL account are not as straight as Gmail and if you must do so, read on for more details.
Note: make sure that you can still access your AOL account before you can use the below steps. You may need to reset or seek to recover your password if you can’t access your account before you go on.
What you should do before you close your account
If you close up your account, you have closed up messages that will come to that email. in a real sense, there is no user like that again. To avoid this, give out your new account address to others in case they want to reach you. The closing account can affect you when you have accounts that relate information to you such as a bank.
Do you have any premium subscriptions with your account? it will be canceled when you close your account.
Delete AOL account – How to close up an AOL account
Now you know what you will lose and I have chosen to proceed, ensure you delete all your email stored at AOL.
- Firstly, Move to the AOL sign-in page and sign in… this is the only way to cancel your account.
- Find and click on the “Options” tab and hit on “My account”.
- when the new window opens, click on “Account Options” and also click on the “And more” button.
- Now, you will face security questions and they must be answered. In fact, without all answers complete, you cannot move to the next step. 1
- afterward, click on the “Manage my Subscriptions” tab on the next page.
- If you have any plans presently, they will be displayed. Click on “Change plan”.
- Next, click on “I already have a high-speed connection” from a list of pop up text. Click next on “View Plans”. 2
- Now click on “Cancel” to get rid of your account.
- services and benefits you are about to lose will be detailed on the screen.
- Finally, Scroll to the bottom of the screen and confirm that you want to delete your account. Click on the “Cancel AOL” button.
when it is successful, you will be informed in a form.
Is AOL Mail Down…
I once had issues with accessing my AOL Mail. What could be the problem then, is it my fault or AOL Mail is down? Now I have got an answer to it.
If you are having a problem accessing your AOL Mail, AOL might be down, or your internet connection could be the cause. In fact, it is hard to tell what caused it. You don’t need to worry again because with few quick few steps you will find out what caused it.
Is AOL Mail Down – Check of AOL Email is down
If for real AOL email is down for everyone, then you need to exercise patience till the service is back. Now to know if the service is down, follow the below steps:
- Check on Downdetector’s AOL page.
Here, many sites can be monitored, and their services for network status too. Thus, when a site having problems or not, this will tell you.
- Again, you can also check IsItDownRightNow or Outage. The report, to confirm if the site is down.
- Another place to clear off your thought is to visit the AOL Mail team’s Twitter feed. Here, updates are made clear and it is current with information about outages and service failures. In addition, you can make use of #aolmaildown as it can give out some information when you are experiencing issues.
Now try out these sites. If you were unable to access it then you should ask others if there are able to connect. In other words, you could consider that your connection is next to the suspect.
Solutions to Emails not working
Others’ AOL Mail is working and mine is not, here is what to do and put it back to place.
- Ensure that the URL you are using is correct if you are using a web browser. Here is the right link to follow http://mail.aol.com.
- If you make use of the AOL mobile app, make sure you are using the official AOL Mail app for your mobile phone.
- You should also try to make use of the mobile app if you are not using a mobile app or use the web browser if the mobile app is not responding.
- You should try to make use of another web browser other than what you have been using.
- Try to clear the cache of your browser if it is not responding.
- Also, you should clear your cookies.
- Restart your mobile app completely.
- If this whole option did not work out, you may also need to contact your ISP’s tech support.
Here are the meanings of Common AOL Mail Error Messages
Aside from HTTP status code errors such as 403 Forbidden, 500 Internal Server Error, and 404 Not Found, You may also find error messages with meaning. 1 Here are some of them and what it means when you see them displayed:
- Blerk ERROR 1: This error means that you were using an old or outdated browser to access AOL Mail.
- GAH! ERROR 111: this means that you may have to change your AOL password or even clear your browser cache.
- GAH ERROR 2 and BLERK! ERROR: These two mean the same. It means that there is a mail connection problem. But you can handle this by restarting the browser.
With www.aol.com login you can send, receive, meet, chat, and share memories with old-time friends. AOL (America Online) is an American web portal and online service provider based in the United States, and New York. It’s a subsidiary of Verizon Media.
With the expansion to industries such as the media industry, technology industry, software, mass media, web search engine, internet industry, software industry, and a lot more others. It’s a webmail platform that not only helps millions of Americans send and receive an email daily but also helps to meet and chat with new people as well.
Originally AOL provided a dial-up service to millions of Americans, as well as providing a web portal, e-mail, instant messaging, and later a web browser following its purchase of Netscape. In 2001, at the height of its popularity, it purchased the media conglomerate Time Warner in the largest merger in U.S. history making the company one of the largest media conglomerates in the history of America.
www.aol.com Login – how to access your AOL Account
We will quickly show you how you can sign in to your AOL email account and start sending emails to clients, business partners, colleagues, friends, and family. All you need is a device with internet connectivity with a browser installed. Either google chrome, firefox, Netscape, or any browser installed on your device.
- Visit www.aol.com.
- Enter your new username
- Key in your password.
- Now click on login.
How to Login AOL with Mobile Phone – Account sign in using a Mobile device
The simplest form of connecting and receiving tons of notifications of the current happening; news updates, trends, and local and foreign news is when you have an App like AOL mobile App installed on your mobile phone. It helps with easy access and also with convenience. But you will need to download the app first on your App store. You can install the AOL App on Android, and iOS devices. Available at Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and Amazon App store.
AOL App Download
To download AOL App, follow the below instructions;
- Firstly, Open your App store.
- Use the search bar and locate the AOL App.
- Click on the download button.
- Wait for it to install.
- Lastly, Launch and sign in.
AOL Login Online
Sign up and log in using the AOL online platform. All you need is to download the AOL mobile App or use your device browser to Access the AOL platform. though you will need an active internet connection.
AOL Facebook Login
You can decide to not sign up and use Facebook to access your AOL account by choosing to sign up or sign in using Facebook when you are been prompted to sign in either in the App or on the AOL web platform at www.aol.com.
AOL Login Change Password – AOL Login Issues | Login Support | Login problem
Maybe you have issues trying to log in to your AOL account or you have password login issues like a forgotten password or username. You can reset your AOL password and as well change your password in case you noticed any fraudulent activities at www.aol.com.