Do you have a computer but you are unable to use it to type a letter? Guess what? We are going to show you how you can use your computer to type a letter. So whether you want to type a formal letter or an informal one, you can do so on a Windows PC or laptop. Is it an easy task? It definitely is and is one that you will find very easy once you start.
How do you type a letter on your computer?
Before you begin the letter typing process on your computer and print it out, you must check out some things. First, you must check to see if you have Microsoft Word on your computer. If your computer does not have that program, it should have a basic program like WordPad or Notepad.
It is still possible to type a letter on your computer without Microsoft Word. Once you have the WordPad or NotePad program you should be good to go. It is quite easy to type a letter and print it. Once you get used to this program, you can start typing letters printable direct to PDF or even direct to fax machine.
How to Set Up My Computer to Type a Letter
In this segment, we are going to start with the procedure of setting up the computer to type a letter. If you are confused about the process, you can follow our steps:
- You can use WordPad. This comes standard with all Windows computers and you can use it to type your letter. To locate WordPad, search through your Start Menu and click on “All Programs”. Then click on “Accessories” and select WordPad.
- The next step you are to take is to check if your computer has a copy of a Word processing program installed. Most computers come with Microsoft Office or WordPerfect installed. You can find this in your Start Menu under “All Programs”. If it is not already installed on your computer, then you can buy and install a copy. Alternatively, you can download and install OpenOffice, which is a free word processing program.
- Thereafter, click open your word processing program. You can use a word processor which offers more flexibility in how to format your letter and also comes with spelling and grammar checking capability.
- You can use a template for your letter. Why? Templates automatically format your letter and automate some parts of the process. There are different templates available for different styles of letters. They include job inquiry letters, formal business correspondence, and personal letters. Some templates also have decorative elements to improve the look of your letter.
- However, you can download additional templates, if none of the default templates for your word processor fits your needs. You can go with Microsoft Office, WordPerfect, and OpenOffice as they all have free letter templates available online for download.
Want to Print?
After typing your letter and you have ensured that it is saved, you can print it out if you want to. To start the process:
- Start by plugging your printer into a wall socket for power and switch it on.
- Insert paper into the loading tray.
- Choose “file” again from the menu bar which is at the top of your screen.
- Select “Print”.
- Thereafter, you will be shown the print settings, where you can change the number of copies you want to print. (1 copy is the default) and the size of the paper you are printing onto (A4 is the default).
- If you are satisfied with the settings, choose “OK” and you are done.
It is that simple to set up your computer and type a letter. How to Set Up My Computer – You have also realized that it is equally easy to print a letter out.