There is always a risk when you send email to several contacts with their addresses on the same “To” or “Cc” field. But, there is a way not to disclose recipients’ Contact. This way, it will hide the addresses of each contact in the Bcc fields.
Set up your Outlook.com account
Of course, you should set up an Outlook.com account before you make use of the Bcc field to email undisclosed recipients.
- Open a browser and key in the search bar “Outlook. Here comes the sign-up screen, select “Create a free account” button.
- Enter a Username. This serves as the address link through which others can send you a message. That is to say, the username you choose will come before @outlook.com.
- If you prefer Hotmail.com as your domain name, you can simply click the dropdown arrow at the right side of the username field to change from Outlook.com.
- Enter a password and click on Next. At this point, ensure that you select a password that is easy to remember and as well hard to be guessed.
- Type in your first and last name into the provided field and click on Next.
- Select your Country/location, your Date of birth and move to the next page.
- Select the right image as required in the CAPTCHA field. Afterwards, click on Next.
- After the above steps, you have successfully created an Outlook account. Thus, a welcome screen will appear.
- You can now seek for the login page and sign in to your account.
Back to business, now you can create an undisclosed recipient contact.
- Move to “Home” tab > Find group > Address Book. This symbol (>) will tell you where to move at every point.
- Click on File > New Entry.
- From the New Entry dialogue box, click on New Contact.
- Next, click on Ok and enter undisclosed Recipients into the box tagged “Full Name”.
- Now enter your Email address in the email text box.
- Afterwards, click on Save and Close.
- You should now close the Address Book.
How to send Email to Undisclosed Recipients in Outlook
- Start to create a new email message in Outlook.
- In the “To” field, key in the Undisclosed Recipients. You will be seeing suggestions as you type the address. Select then the undisclosed recipient contact.
- Now click on Bcc.
- Sort the addresses you want to email, click on Bcc. Ensure to separate the addresses with a semicolon.
- Click on
- Now, compose the message you want to send across.
- Afterwards, click on Send.