Mistakes are bound to happen in whatever we do. It is no different on twitter a social media platform that encourages its users to tweet anything irrespective of the time of the day. The idea of this app is spontaneity, spurring its users to post or tweet anything that is happening to them. The spontaneity of this app gives room for mistakes.
What if you tweeted something and on second reading realized you made use of the wrong tense? Or maybe you tweeted something that you had meant as a joke but can be perceived as racist?
A lot of persons think that these tweets will remain permanently on twitter. But that is wrong! You can delete a tweet permanently from twitter with no recourse.
If you’re looking for ways to delete a tweet, you’ve come to the perfect site. This write up intends to show you ways you can delete a tweet from Twitter without so much as looking back.
Twitter Sign In – How to Access your Twitter Account
- Acquire a device, this could either be a smartphone, iPhone, or even your laptop. This would be the device you’ll use to sign in or register for a twitter account
- If you have Wi-Fi you don’t need a data connection but if the reverse is the case, you will need to put on your data connection and make sure you subscribe to a data bundle so you won’t be charged indiscriminately
- You can download the Twitter app from the play store or apple store depending on your device. Play store is for android phones while apple store is for apple products or you can launch your favorite web browser if you don’t want to go through the process of downloading a new app.
- If you’re using your web browser, then go the official website for Twitter- www.twitter.com
- On the welcome page, you will be required to fill in a form consisting of your email address, phone number, username and password
- Once this is filled in, you tap on the login button and you’ll be signed in to your account.
You can use any device that can access the internet to log into your account
Delete a Tweet on Twitter – The easy way
You can delete a tweet on Twitter within a twinkle of an eye. Follow the steps below to delete a tweet.
- Get the same device you used to log into your Twitter. You can use a different device but it will save you some time if you’ve logged into a device already
- Make sure the device is connected to the internet. This may be through Wi-Fi or mobile data
- Log in to the device and search for the tweet you want to delete. You can use the twitter search icon or go your profile
- Once you’ve located the tweet you want to delete, press the top drop-down arrow above the tweet. In some devices, this drop-down arrow comes as three straight dots.
- Press the delete button amongst the options that pop up when your tap on either the drop-down arrow above the tweet or the three straight dots.
- You can scroll through your profile to be certain that the tweet is permanently deleted from your Twitter account