iCloud Email is an Apple electronic mail service App created only for iOS users or devices. However, in the event that an iPhone user, iPad, macOS, or iPod user wants to switch to an Android phone wouldn’t there be a way to set up an iCloud email account on his Android device… The answer is Yes, you learn how to set up iCloud Email Access on Android and have iCloud Mail App run on your Android device.
Yes, we all know that Gmail App is the default mail service App for android users however, there were some emails on your iCloud account that you would want to have access to, you can still sign into iCloud App without having to go through an iOS device.
Here is how to go about setting up an iCloud email account on an Android device, but before we delve into the setup process let me let you the pre-actions you need to take. To start using iCloud on Android, you will need to create Apple’s two-factor authentication; this authentication is what makes it almost impossible for third-party Apps to access iCloud, however, recently Apple introduced an “App-specific password” generator that allows the use of iCloud on Android. How to create the App-specific password for an iCloud account is what I will show you next.
Step #1: Create an App-Specific Password for iCloud
To this you would have to follow the below instructions;
- In your browser, visit the App official account page.
- Sign in to your App account using your sign-in details.
- Navigate to the App-specific password.
- Next, at the security section, tap on the “Generate Password”.
- If the Generate Password feature is not there you will need to set up two-factor authentication on your Apple account with a recent iOS version device; iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
- To create the password, supply on the description field the reason for generating a password which should be for “Android Sign in”.
- Tap on the create password button.
- Save the generated password, that’s what you will use to complete the sign-in procedures.
Step #2: Set up iCloud Email Access for Gmail
Now that you’ve generated an App password, it’s time to sync your iCloud emails with Gmail App on Android devices. Remember, Android default email App in Gmail App. Follow the below method to do iCloud sync with Gmail.
- Open your android phone.
- Navigate to your phone setting.
- Click on the ‘Accounts”.
- A list of accounts synced with your Android device will show.
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Add account”.
- Select “Personal (IMAP)”.
- A screen pops up asking you to add your email address (Gmail sign-in screen).
- Key in your iCloud email address, and then tap “Next.”
- Enter the generated Apple password (Not the Apple ID password).
- Tap Next.
- Immediately your android starts syncing your iCloud email account to your device through Gmail App.
How to Use your iCloud Email Account to Send & Receive Email on Gmail App
The process is simple, as easy as it is to send emails from your Gmail App is how it is to use Gmail App to send emails from your iCloud Account. just after you are done syncing your iCloud email account with your Gmail App, the next thing is to turn your iCloud Email account into the default email account on your Gmail App. To do that follow the process below;
- Set how often you want your iCloud email to sync on your Gmail App.
- Launch the Gmail App.
- Click on the menu button (the three-line at the top left of the screen).
- Go to the Gmail App settings.
- A list of email synced with your device will show alongside your newly added iCloud email account.
- Click on the iCloud email account to make the default email account.
- You can now send and receive emails with the iCloud account.
Set Up iCloud Emails – Microsoft Outlook – Other Email Apps
Let’s say you don’t want to use Gmail App in syncing the iCloud email account you can use Microsoft Outlook, yahoo mail, AOL mail, Yandex, or even any other Email Apps. The setup process is similar in all email App. Here is how to go about it;
- Open your Outlook.
- Click on the menu.
- Hit the add account icon.
- Enter your iCloud email address.
- Tap the next, and enter the password you generated.
- Check the “mark” at the top right side to sign in.
Email Apps iCloud Account Sign In
Whenever you want to do sign in using another email App, always look for the IMAP sign-in option in the App and make sure you enter the generated password when you are requested to enter a password.