Your iPhone may download emails that do not load correctly. This can cause you not to be able to read the content. It might be interesting to note that emails may be mailed to the Mail app but at the same time show an error message and no content. Also, emails with attachments may seem to load OK, but you can’t open the attached files. Sometimes, it may also happen that your iPhone does not download messages to your inbox at all. Now since an email problem usually does not have an obvious cause, you may have to follow several troubleshooting steps to be able to get the problem fixed.
Start with this;
Check the iPhone’s Connection – The iPhone Email Content Is Not Loading
The first cause of problem you should check is the iPhone’s connection. This is because if the iPhone has no signal or has a weak or intermittent cellular or Wi-Fi connection, it may not be able to load emails. So, you check the signal and switch the way you connect. To do this:
- If you are using a cellular connection, look at the circles which is at the top of the screen. For Wi-Fi, take a look at the bars on the fan icon. In case you have a signal, the circles or bars will appear white. But if they are all grayed out, it means you don’t have a connection. If only a couple are white, it means the signal may be too weak to download emails, mostly if they have big attachments.
- If you happen to be using a cellular connection, you can switch to using Wi-Fi. On the other hand, if you are using Wi-Fi, you can try switching to cellular.
Check the Mail App – The iPhone Email Content Is Not Loading
Sometimes an iPhone email content may not load because the iPhone’s Mail app has a problem. This problem can prevent it from downloading emails correctly. So in this case, the first thing you have to do, is to refresh the inbox by pulling down its screen. This will force the app to check for new mail and may make it download. But if this does not work, you can close the app and reopen it again.
- For the first step, press the Home button to help you close the Mail app.
- Then double-click the Home button in order to open the background screen of apps you recently closed. Note that though you closed Mail on the screen, it still appears in this recently opened app list. Thus, in order to shut Mail down completely, you have to visit the app in the list and swipe it up to close it.
- Thirdly, restart Mail, then wait to see if it downloads correctly.
Restart the iPhone – The iPhone Email Content Is Not Loading
Simply turning the iPhone off and on again may clear a glitch that is causing the Mail app unable to download emails. To do this:
- Press down the Sleep/Wake button until the Slide to Power Off messages pops up on the screen.
- Then swipe the slider and hold on for the iPhone to power down.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button to restart.
Delete and Reload the Email Account
In case the problem you are experiencing is just a download problem with one email account, you can delete and reinstall it. Before you start, make a note of the account’s password you want it to verify the account when you reinstall.
How to Delete the Email Account
- Click on the Settings link and open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Click on the account’s name in the Accounts area in order to open its menu and choose “Delete Account”.
- Tap on the “Delete From My iPhone” option to confirm the deletion.
How to Reinstall the Email Account
- To reinstall the email account, tap on Settings. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars menu.
- Click on Add Account in the Accounts area.
- In case your email provider is in the default list, you click on its name. In order to add another account, tap “Other”. Then follow the instructions to add the account.